Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Getting Back to it.

September flipped the switch on Fall weather this weekend.
We went from three weeks of (I know I hate the phrase too) Indian summer, with sultry days and thick, humid nights that had me completely confused when Halloween stuff started showing up in the stores (albeit DELIGHTED).
Then it was as though someone drafted a memo on the 22nd and Mother Nature adjusted her adorable little pince nez and said something to the effect of "Oh goodness me! It's Autumn! Oh I am running behind!" and with a whooooooooooosh! Those thick swaths of humid air were shucked out to sea, and our  neck of the woods got dressed up in proper Fall garb. Cool, crisp mornings; low, gloomy sunsets and drawn out twilights; freshly laundered air that smells ever so slightly of decay and bitter wood smoke.
All this to say, I feel you Mama Nature, I feel like I can't catch up these days either, but when I do, I'm going to remind everyone I still know what I'm doing.


No comments:

Post a Comment